Cultural Encounters Reflection

1. What was one thing you learned from the simulations we played in class? How did this help you understand the essential questions better?

We played different kinds of simulations. It helped me understand how people would need resources and not to waste them. The simulations always have a good part in what we should understand, it is a fun way to learn about Cultures and precious resources.

2. Reading was a part of Cultural Encounters. When you read the books you were asked to think about your reading. What did you learn about your reading while doing this?

I learned what certain people did or worked on and how they did it back in the colonial times. It also helped me realize what other people did in there time. There were different kinds of people.
Some just sit around and are respected greatly, but others have to work full time and harder.

3. Did the journal entries help you to better understand your character? Why or why not? Explain in detail.

I didn't learn all that much, although I did learn slightly, most of my learning had been covered by reading or playing simulations. So to me, most of these journal entries was just a review about what I learned.

4. What was the best part of your presentation? How could it have been improved?

My favorite part about my presentation was when all the people in the presentation started reviewing the reasons why they had ended up in the New World. But the part that I could try to improve, is the part when we went to the silversmiths place, it seemed a little too awkward when we tried to convince her to fork over the metal.

5. What was the biggest learning you gained from this unit? Explain with details.

The biggest piece of learning from this unit, was how people lived and worked back in the colonial days, how the people of Jamestown and Plymouth reacted when they found out about how the Natives lived and had so many arguments and how to discuss them over the town hall meetings.

No comments:

Post a Comment